Nice to meet you!

Image by: Hunter Lawrence. https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/448467873.jpg?mw=1920&mh=1080&q=70
Image by: Hunter Lawrence
https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/448467873.jpg?mw=1920&mh=1080&q=70

Hey everyone my name Tina! I was born and raised in New Iberia, Louisiana. I recently moved here from Texas to Springfield last June 2015. I haven’t explored Oregon, but I enjoy the outdoors and since Oregon is such a beautiful place I can not wait to become one with nature. This is my first year at Lane, but this is not my first time in college. Even though I’ve had previous college experience I’m still unsure to what I want to major in. I’m slowly drifting towards opening up my own business, but my options for choosing a major are unlimited. I’ve always wanted to pursue in a field that I’m passionate about, so why rush it? I’m hoping by just taking general education classes and at least receiving an associates transfer degree  I’ll have an idea of what I want to major in while at lane.. By taking this Technical Writing class I feel like everything I’ll learn will be useful. What I mean is if I officially decide to pursue in business this class will be perfect for me. I’ll learn how to properly and professionally write as any business woman should! What are some good places to explore in Oregon?

13 thoughts on “Nice to meet you!

1. Hi Tina, Welcome to Oregon! My name is Jamie. Good luck on figuring out what you are wanting to major in. I was unsure for about two years while attending Lane, but finally figured it out. I would also like to learn how to write professionally. There are so many beautiful places here in Oregon one of my favorite places I have visited was Crater Lake. I also love Eastern Oregon where I enjoy Jet Skiing on Billy Chinook. Oregon is pretty easy to become one with. Were you able to understand all of the directions on creting your blog? did you run into any problems?

1. Hi Jamie, Thank you I’m sure I’ll decide sooner or later. Sounds like I’m in the situation you were in, but what major did you decide on and how did you finally decide? I’ve heard about Crater lake, and I’m most definitely will be visiting this summer! Thanks for the recommendation. Oregon is so fresh and scenic I love it here so far. I’ve been to the coast near Lincoln city, but that was about it. I’m really looking forward to the hiking trails here, I hear there killer, but worth it. As for the blog I just played around with it, and I feel like I’m kind of getting the hang of it.

2. Hi Tina, I enjoyed your blog and can relate alot. I to am a returning student (30 year hiatus) and just enjoying the learning knowing that the right major doesn’t have to be decided before we start school. Being that your from Texas what brought you to Eugene?

3. Hi, Tina. My name is Ryu. First of all. I have t say that I love the way you created your blog, it’s very easy for me to see and comment. That’s really cool! I am also the one who has not explored here Eugene, Oregon. I know there is a lots of beautiful places in Oregon. I agree with you that it’s good to take time and think about what you really want to do and major in. I took a year and finally figured it out. Good luck on your major whatever you will choose! Ryu

4. Hey Tina
    I’m so relieved to read your blog because it seems similar to how I wrote mine! I’m having a really hard start this term mostly due to the fact that I’m not able to navigate through this online class very well. Not sure why..I’m pretty computer literate. I also love the theme you chose for your blog layout. Very nice! Oh my gosh- you have to go hiking! Try Spencer’s Butte its pretty much in Eugene and it’s so beautiful.
    Genna

1. Hi Genna, I’m glad you can relate to my blog, because to be honest this whole online thing is very confusing! I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it once the term goes on. I wasn’t able to visit your blog for some reason to read your introduction. I appreciate your comment and I would like to do so in return. So could you send me a link to it? I’ve heard about Spencer Butte I actually live right near it. I’m going to have to add it to my list of places to see. Thank you for the recommendation I’m sure I’ll love it. Good luck to you for the rest of the term!

5. hello Genna. i like your blog page. looks like you got it figured out. I’m thinking i might hire you to design mine. 🙂

6. Hi Tina!
    Do you have a southern accent? I think the southern accent is my favorite accent of all. When you moved here did you notice a difference in the people sound or speak? Hopefully, that’s not too random. It’s just the first thing that came to mind. I totally understand what you’re saying when you say that there are unlimited majors to pick from, especially when you consider that many different schools offer specific degrees special to the college. I personally have a hard time defining what I really want to do as a career when I’m finally a “grown up”. I think that going business is a good idea because it’s a broad degree and you can apply it in many fields of study and you have that education to start your own company if you want to. I think it’s wise to keep your options open.

7. Hey Tina,

I really enjoyed your first post! That’s pretty cool that you are from the south! A couple of my closest buddies are from Arkansas and North Carolina, so many great people from the south.

I have many suggestions for areas to explore here. You picked a great state if you love the outdoors. I actually work at a Visitor Center in the summertime so I can point you in the right direction.

Look forward to corresponding with you!

8. I really like your scrolling header, very impressive! It seems like a lot of us can relate to not knowing what we want to do indefinitely. That is very much the position I was in myself, before entering Lane in 2013 (for the second time in 10 years!). I’m glad that I waited and took the time to really figure out what I wanted to commit to. Now that I’m almost done, I’m excited to finally see what I can do with all this! The right fit is out there, and you’ll definitely know it when you find it! How long where you in Texas for? Did you have any favorite outdoor spots there, I’d love to hear about them!?

9. Tina,

Whenever anyone comes from out of state I take them to crater lake. Don’t go on a cloudy day though, the clouds reflect off the water and then it just looks like any other lake. I have hiked all over Oregon and have to say my favorites are Opal creek and Salt creek falls. Like everyone else said, nice job on the blog. I am going to have to go fix mine up now.

10. Hi Tina!
    I loved your first blog post I can definitely relate! I am in my second year here at lane and I have just recently decided what I want to major in. Last year I was just taking general class because I didn’t have a clue what I wanted to major in, but after meeting new people in my classes and talking with professors I was inspired to pursue a nursing degree. I would encourage you to get to know people in your classes including your professors and talk to them about what they are pursuing, it may inspire you as it did me! Have you hiked Spencer’s Butte, or Mt. Pisgah yet? Those are two good hikes that are both in Eugene, and good places to begin your Oregon adventures!